Tool Tube anyone?

EncoreJoe

Scooter
I finally got around to mounting one of the tool tubes on the scrambler. It's from an agricultural supply house - for tractor operator manuals and is made of tough plastic with a screw on lid.

It doesn't get in the way of riding and adds sort of a mad max / rocket launcher look to the bike :)

What do you think?

Attachments

• DSC02812.jpg
    DSC02812.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02813.jpg
    DSC02813.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0

Kiwi

Two Stroke
It looks like you've got a thermos mounted on there for that emergency caffeine fix :)

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Scrambler thermos!

Hey, I like that! Yes, it's a little unusual, but hey - it's the "ugly" side of the bike. I'm going to keep a few tools in there, or maybe a bottle of snake medicine for emergencies!

When I'm riding it will be slightly behind my leg and not that noticeable. Since I wear either an old "Stich" or a neon yellow mesh jacket you can tell I don't care about the "cool" factor anyway.

If it doesn't work out it's a matter of cutting a few zip ties and no harm done!

Joe

blacktiger

Scooter
Mounted mine slightly differently....

IMG_1229.jpg

TBH I made a bit of a hash of it but I needed to do it quickly before going on holiday on the bike. I bashed out a stainless steel bracket to come out from under the seat and used a couple VERY strong cable ties at the forward end to wrap around the rack bar.
It survived some quite rigorous off roading like this.

Yep. The mounting angle behind the pegs (by sheer luck :cheers:) is absolutely perfect too.

DSCF3636.jpg

DSCF3638.jpg

EDIT: Mildly filthly. This was on New Yrs. day after a wet ride and a blast to the coast.

Last edited:

DIRK

750cc
mayhaps it's an emergency sandwich. ya just never know when the urge for piggy pudding might strike.

blacktiger

Scooter
Is that a pig strapped to your rack?

Yes it's Bacon the ADVriders forum mascot.
I had him from the last week in June2009 up to the Stella Alpina rally in July and I took him to Slovenia, Triumph Tridays in Austria (same trip), for a train ride to London in my driving cab, on the English National road rally and finally down to the Stella Alpina where I handed him on to AndyG.
Check out the Tridays stunt pig... http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/black955tiger/BACON/
IMG_1337.jpg

Met Kevin Carmichael....
IMG_1339.jpg

Even had a bar named after him....
IMG_1263.jpg

Full write up here... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287919&page=69&highlight=official+bacon

Sorry to have hi-jacked the thread.

Last edited:

nofate

Scooter
Spray over the yellow graphics with a rattlecan of black paint and it would look better. It would make a handy place to carry some tire irons and spare tubes for rides into the wilderness.

blacktiger

Scooter
Spray over the yellow graphics with a rattlecan of black paint and it would look better. It would make a handy place to carry some tire irons and spare tubes for rides into the wilderness.

You'll get the tyre levers in if they're short but you won't get the tubes in. This Tool Tube is not as big as you might imagine or want. I put levers, repair patches, cable ties, sockets for the wheel nuts and a cable fixing kit in mine. It's full.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Yep. The mounting angle behind the pegs (by sheer luck :cheers:) is absolutely perfect too.

I like your set up.

As BT says it may not be enough for everything,
but then if it was you would still have things you would want to put in.

A mate of mine, Dave Early, a former US LEO from Michigan,
AND holder of 4 AMA World Speed records on the Bonneville Salt flats on a Triumph,
see www.daveearly.com made up a pair for me using PVC piping with brass endcaps.

When mounted, they appear to get more attention than anything else on the Scram! :D

GuyM

Street Tracker
Rhodie - yours look like either auxiliary jet packs or rocket launchers!

No wonder they get attention... All these tubes are good ideas for carrying tools and perhaps a few spare parts.

Guy