Standard Lay Flat brackets

D9

Vendor
Tried & true... get your speedo & tach down low and parallel with your forks... the way it oughta be. :D
Contact [email protected] for pricing & availability

d9_bracket_rear.jpg

DavidC_005.jpg

T100-Bonneville_Ridgenew.jpg

d9_bracket_side90.jpg

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
blubonnie - thanks - more to come....

Matt - if you mean that cool LS1 bracket... you gotta get in touch
with LS1 [email protected]

That bracket is his design and it rawks... I made up the first batch for him, from here
on out he may be doing them on his own...

Cheers,

D9

Hedge

American Infidel
I already installed my Lay-flats with the ignition key relocation and the directions were perfect. A finer add-on has not yet been developed. Two BIG Thumbs up to Seth for providing us with what Triumph failed to do! I plan on getting some really nice shots of my bike soon but as many of you know one of my major character defects is procrastination. Anyway here is a link to my Lay-Flat installation day at UncleCharlie's house.
http://www.armchaircommando.org/bennington/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=319&highlight=tech

netvampire

Scooter
Great product !!!!!!!!

And if anyone hesitant on purchasing for a 2009 model, in case of fitment ? Dont be !!!
Had my first service today, so got the dealer to fit it. since i havent had the time. he was very impressed with the quality and ease of fitting. As i was. dont think it took him more than 30 min. never got charged either:eeek:(Pics soon) the only thing think i prefer the look with the solid top clamp rather than the 2 seperate u clamps they have changed too.cant believe how much it changes the look of the front .

Last edited:

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
Hey Everyone,

I'm really interested in getting one of these for my bike. Was wondering if any of you would mind posting a profile shot of your bike with the lay-flat installed.

Many thanks, I'm interested in the lay flat as well as D9's Al instrument cups.

jeddy-3

Two Stroke
wow. what a difference. thanks a lot! that pretty much seals the deal. now its a matter of figuring out when.

resorb

moped
Seth;
I shot you over an email last week.. wondering if you can make a bracket like the oil pressure bracket... but with a 52mm hole for a regular gauge.

Let me know - email is root at resorb dot net.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Seth, I got my new top clamp from British Customs to replace the stock Bonnie clamp. Instead of the gauge mounting bosses, it has a recess shaped like the bottom of the stock bracket. Here is a pic of the new clamp with bracket attached:
DSC01917.jpg

I'm wondering if your standard layflat would work on that top clamp without using spacers. My headlight is as low as I can get it (used LSL headlight brackets). Here are pics of the front with the new setup, showing the amount of room between the acorn nuts and the headlight:
DSC01894.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

Last question: could you make me a custom bracket for mini gauges that has the same bottom as the stock bracket? Even if the stock gauges end up hitting the headlight bucket, the mini gauges would no doubt have plenty of room without having to space the bracket off the triple clamp.

Cheers!
Jay

D9

Vendor
Jay,

Bikes looking good... not sure if we can go standard lay flat flush into the recess w/o spacers -
but I'd like to find out. Let me see about getting a test mule
out to you. As far as the mini gauge bracket option, no problem to do a bracket matching
the contour of the stock bracket to fit into the recess - the only
caveat is that the mini gauge brackets are all 1/4" aluminum, the standard lay
flat and other OEM-gauge brackets are 3/16" - thus a mini gauge bracket would
be slightly above the recess, although I think it'd look fine.

Also have a very shallow-angle Lay Flat Sport, might also look good!

So... we got possibilities. :D

D9

Vendor
The gauges look like they're wayyyy up there - but that's because
everything else has been lowered.

How about a straight & level side view showing gauges & headlamp - might give me a better idea of overall clearance. Also... can you give me an accurate measurement from the bottom of the inboard & outboard acorn nuts to the
back of the headlamp? That'd help too.