NTBF Gap Rally '09 registration begins..

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
on Sunday Jan. 11th at 8pm Eastern time...

PLEASE READ the following CAREFULLY!!!

As I put out in the earlier Gap Rally/Maggie Valley post, we are going to use a FORMAL "first come - first served" room request/reservation system...

Here is the way it is going to work...

Starting Sunday, Jan. 11th at 8 pm eastern time, I will begin accepting requests for rooms for the rally through my home e-mail address ( scbonne@gforcecable(dot)com ). Any requests received with an earlier time/date stamp will be tossed out and not considered...

After your request is received and acknowledged (I will e-mail you back and tell you what accommodations were assigned.), you will have ten (10) business days to get your $35 registration fee to me. Either via a check in the mail or through paypal (the paypal fee will be $36.50 to cover the fee they hit the receiving party with.).

After your registration fee is received, I will contact Larry and Vicky with your room info and I will then give you the word to contact them with your credit card info to secure your room....

I know this all sounds so formal and cumbersome... I apologize for that... A certain situation arose last year that I wish not to have repeated...

I believe that the only areas of conflict will be the "battle" for the two solo rooms and the cabins...

PLEASE be amenable and consider sharing your room so that we can maximize occupancy at the Tanglewood... I have contacted The Chalet to use as an overflow facility should we fill the Tanglewood... which I think we will... Monica, the owner, seems to be a great host also... She and Larry refer to each others place when they're filled up...

The Chalet is less than sixty seconds up the road from the Tanglewood... So it's very close...

Here are links to both motels...

http://www.tanglewoodmotelandcabins.com/

http://www.mvchalet.com/

Thank you for your understanding and patience in this change in how we've done things... And again, I apologize for all the formality... It's not my doing...

Last edited:

Ohio TT

Two Stroke
We stayed at The Chalet several years ago. When the remnants of a tropical storm came through they insisted that their van sit out in the rain and all five of our bikes go in their garage. Super people to stay with.

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
We stayed at The Chalet several years ago. When the remnants of a tropical storm came through they insisted that their van sit out in the rain and all five of our bikes go in their garage. Super people to stay with.

Good to hear that Ohio... We really enjoyed staying at the Tanglewood last year... Just a super set up and Larry and Vicki (the owners) are great folks too! They and Monica work together on referrals to each other... When I talked to Monica about sending our guys over, if needed, she was really receptive to us staying there...

Our group really enjoyed using Maggie Valley as our "ground zero"... It worked out really well... We got away from all the hassles of Deals Gap... Tenn. H. P. and the 450 Mini Coopers that had a rally up there the same weekend as us...