Ipod charging

On long ass rides, I like to listen to my Ipod. I was wondering if there is a way to charge the Ipod using the connector for the Battery Tender?

G

TeeBee

scooter
I would also like to know this. My brand new HTC Diamond phone arrives today. It charges (just like the iPods do), via a standard USB-plug.

Anybody? Bueller?

Skinthead

Two Stroke
I got a ball peen hammer for your IPOD.

I went over the bars at 35mph cause the ass that was leading our group in April to the AMA Superbike races was too busy fucking with his Ipod and GPS to pay attention to what he was doing. I placed a ball peen hammer in my toolbag after that.

It is not legal in any state to have any kind of head phones in your ears while riding. The two way radios on the dressers is not legal either, but it seems law enforcement lets it slide. I do believe Bon has made it a point to point this out with the bogus asshole who got beaten up by a cop thread.

Skint

MattRat

TT Racer
there are plenty of auxilary power sockets out there - cigarette-lighter type connections. I have a charger in my car that uses that connection. shouldn't be too hard - I don't know what kind of connector the battery tender uses

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
It is not legal in any state to have any kind of head phones in your ears while riding.

If you consult this link you'll find that many states don't address helmet speakers at all, and many allow a single speaker.

Mayhaps you was riding a wee bit fast and a wee bit close behind to said ride leader? Not saying that he shouldn't have been futzing with his stuff, but generally the person that comes up from behind in any sort of collision or near-collision situation is assumed to have two functional Mark I eyeballs deployed....

bdavanza

Street Tracker
I use the battery tender dongle. It fits right up to a "trailer hitch aux outlet" I bought at walmart for cheap. Polarity was even correct. It's only a few inches long, has a cap to seal it off. It was in the automotive area, around other plugs and stuff.
Now I can plug in any 12v cigarette lighter style accessory to charge them. No silly expensive triumph brand thing that still needs an adaptor.

BTW the douche that caused the accident with skint could have been doing any number of other things besides riding, like looking at boobs or a pot hole or any other distraction. It's what he was NOT doing, not what he was doing.
-Ben

Skinthead

Two Stroke
If you consult this link you'll find that many states don't address helmet speakers at all, and many allow a single speaker.

Mayhaps you was riding a wee bit fast and a wee bit close behind to said ride leader? Not saying that he shouldn't have been futzing with his stuff, but generally the person that comes up from behind in any sort of collision or near-collision situation is assumed to have two functional Mark I eyeballs deployed....

I tell yo uwhat...I'll put you where I was for 2 hours following this asshole, and have him do the same shit.......lets see how well you fare.

No, I wasn't too close....in the end the fugger cut me off. had he stayed in the stagger where he was i'd have gone right by him...tires smoking and brakes locked, but I'd have gone right by him. In respect to the whole thing, every single fucking time I ride in a group with even one rider in that group on a goldwing, someone gets hurt. Not part of the time, not a small fraction of the time, EVERY SINGLE TIME! I was lucky, some of my friends have not been so lucky. i came out with a separated rib (sternum and spine separation of the uppermost rib in the right side), and a bruised lung to go with the menage of minor injuries. The last thing I heard out of the guy was "I'll never ride with YOU again!" I said "Thanks! You're doing me a favor!"

So as I said, i now pack a ball peen hammer for gadgets....

Skint

Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Sayeth ye:

No, I wasn't too close...

And then sayeth ye:

..in the end the fugger cut me off. had he stayed in the stagger where he was i'd have gone right by him...tires smoking and brakes locked, but I'd have gone right by him.

IMHO, so close that in the event of a bad swerve or a cut-off you go past 'tires smoking and brakes locked' is a textbook example of TOO CLOSE for that speed. Count yourself lucky to still be alive, and hang back a bit farther.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Just a FYI on some laws here in Georgia regarding IPODs - etc - and Yes, we do enforce these laws quite often. If you are not sure about what statute your State has regarding this, your best bet is to contact your local State Patrol.

Cellphones, two way radios, communication devices ... in case you dont understand the statute. You can be cited for this if it's determined you were using a cellphone/etc while committing a less safe act (ie: speeding, improper lane change, etc).

40-6-241. Driver to exercise due care; proper use of radios and mobile telephones allowed

A driver shall exercise due care in operating a motor vehicle on the highways of this state and shall not engage in any actions which shall distract such driver from the safe operation of such vehicle, provided that the proper use of a radio, citizens band radio, or mobile telephone shall not be a violation of this Code section.

HISTORY: Code 1933, § 68A-1103, enacted by Ga. L. 1974, p. 633, § 1; Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 5.

As for headphones use

40-6-250. Wearing device which impairs hearing or vision

No person shall operate a motor vehicle while wearing a headset or headphone which would impair such person's ability to hear, nor shall any person while operating a motor vehicle wear any device which impairs such person's vision; provided, however, that a person may wear a headset or headphone for communication purposes only while operating a motorcycle. This Code section shall not apply to hearing aids or instruments for the improvement of defective human hearing, eyeglasses, or sunglasses. This Code section shall not apply to any law enforcement officer or firefighter equipped with any communications device necessary in the performance of such person's duties.

HISTORY: Ga. L. 1974, p. 1137, § 1; Code 1933, § 68A-1112, enacted by Ga. L. 1978, p. 1601, § 1; Ga. L. 1989, p. 1399, § 1; Ga. L. 1990, p. 2048, § 5; Ga. L. 1995, p. 759, § 1.

Skinthead

Two Stroke
Sayeth ye:

And then sayeth ye:

IMHO, so close that in the event of a bad swerve or a cut-off you go past 'tires smoking and brakes locked' is a textbook example of TOO CLOSE for that speed. Count yourself lucky to still be alive, and hang back a bit farther.

Considering how condensed the info posted here by me was I kinda expected to get this.....

not the first, or worst wreck on a bike i ever had.....not likely to be the last....

the speed was, the whole group accelerating from 40 to 50 as he took off on us, and suddenly comes to a virtual stop and turn......I'd have been pissed if I had not gone over the bars, but it did add insult to injury.....

Skint

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
the speed was, the whole group accelerating from 40 to 50 as he took off on us, and suddenly comes to a virtual stop and turn....

Earlier you complained about GoldWings. Either you've just described a case in which a GoldWing stopped on a dime from 50+ mph ("suddenly comes to a virtual stop") or a case where the whole group decided to accelerate up on the leader's ass while he's going slow enough to execute his "virtual stop". Regardless, you've adequately described a situation in which you were coming up behind another rider at such a speed that, when he was compelled to hit the brakes or turn or swerve (and now it doesn't matter if it was because he was futzing with his iPod or his GPS or because he was avoiding a bunny or checking some nice titties in the covertible next to him or WHAT), you couldn't safely bring your speed down without dropping the bike and demonstrating your aerial skills.

And further more you've told us it wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last.

AND you've adjusted your worldview so that it's HIS fault, and you're going to carry a ball peen hammer so you can commit malicious destruction of property?

I'd pass on the opportunity to ride with you in a heartbeat.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
He, He I came across a bra made by "Triumph" (not the motorcyle maker) made for big busts (I'm out) it charges the Ipod or cell phone. It was designed for bicycle riders.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
when girls start talking about their own busts, no matter what the context, my ball peen starts to hammer.

Thanks Thruxiegirl!