Getting In Shape

Gretsch

Rocker
I know there's a thread out there on this (Sweat started it I think) but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyway, I've decided to burn off the "goo" this Winter and have been having some luck. I've dropped about 10 lbs. or so and have been building some muscle. Anyone else taking advantage of the shit weather to get in shape?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
My goo has expanded exponentially this Winter. I plan to work it off..... right after I finish this here Strawberry Rhubarb pie.

King Soopers bakery has waay too many temptations.

strokerlmt

The older you get the harder it is to get the goo off. It has taken me months to get 20 lb's off and I have another 10 to go. I used to drop 10 in a week. Now it is biking, walking, or swimming because the knees are shot. No real impact because the neck is bad. Free weights tough because of the hands....shit I might as well drive a free fall off the Big Sur highway. Its tough getting it off but it sure makes a difference in how I feel.
Good luck...get it of.....everyone take a 82mg aspirin every morning.
LMT
PS.....I was in a Home Depot when a gent in his 50's hit the floor holding his left arm. A stranger had a pill fob on his key chain....dumped a bunch of aspirin in the man's mouth and made him chew and swallow. EMT's were there quickly but the aspirin might have saved his life.

yeah I started the thread, worked out really hard for about 2 months and lost some weight and built up some muscle but then fell off the wagon. I'm getting motivated again, plus summer is coming up and I need to get my bikini body back.

My biggest problem isn't food, it's beer. I don't really drink liquor much, and I don't usually get hammered drunk or anything but I like having a few every evening, or most evenings anyway, and that's lots of BS calories.

drlapo

Hooligan
get a dog
no kidding, the dog and I take daily walks for 2 hours+ and go about 4-5 miles every day
the dog will not let you slack off

GuyM

Street Tracker
Bicycling, hiking, or cross-country skiing on my days off. Hit the gym for 45 min to an hour every day that I go to work. Am no lightweight, but I try to stay reasonably fit for a guy in his 50's. Got pretty banged up a couple of years ago and after surgery I gained some weight, just sitting around. Have lost a bit of it, and have regained most of my endurance & strength.

Beer is a fat-builder in a big way. I like it too - but limit myself to just a few glasses per week. Find something else to do in the evening instead of hanging around, drinking beer. Walk, get that dog, go to the gym, something... Almost anything as long as ya stay active! Shudder the thought, but I often make myself take the pedal-type bike out instead of the Triumph...

Guy

Bonneville09er

Street Tracker
got to find something you really enjoy. i love lifting. hate running. bought a bicycle, and being softball season is coming, will start wind sprints. its things i enjoy. i can be on a treadmill 5 minutes and it bores the shit out of me.

dogs definitely do not let you slack.

ipods help too

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I suppose I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I can't gain weight for the life of me but the past 6 months I haven't done shit, moving this past weekend really motivated me to get some weight training in there and build some strength back up.

koifarm

Hooligan
I hate doing all that exercise shit, aside from a daily walk of a mile or so I work out on my Bowflex three to four days a week. It's probably the easiest resistance workout you could ask for and they various programs they have work on specific muscle groups as you go along. Once a week I work to fatigue, the other days are just maintenance.
Try it you'll like it!!

T-boy

Rocker
I've been at 190 lbs for years now; so why is it that I have to keep buying bigger pants sizes as I grow older? If I was about 4 inches taller, my height to weight ratio would be perfect.

I think Eric Cartman said it best..."I'm not fat, I'm big-boned".

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Ive lost 15 lbs since january to fit my old clothes...

I wanna lose about 20 more. I have the weight to spare. Ive been going to the gym every day.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Just got in from scooping my sidewalks. I haven't done that in years. Not since I had my infarction. Now I kinda know why. Thought I was never gonna catch my breath. Now I'm just sore all over. Saved $30 though.

Gretsch

Rocker
Just got in from scooping my sidewalks. I haven't done that in years. Not since I had my infarction. Now I kinda know why. Thought I was never gonna catch my breath. Now I'm just sore all over. Saved $30 though.

Yeah no shit. With all the snow we've been having I could be on the Olympic snow shovel team. I think Olympic snow shoveling would still be more exciting than curling.

The wife had been pestering me to go for a top to toe checkup for ages so last month I bit the bullet and wish I hadn't. Results were high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, BMI of 27 and a high count of some enzyme which indicates you're killing your liver with alcohol. Basically I am suffering from 30 years of boozing and having fun. Fuck, I'm only 47.

Basic lifestyle changes were in order so I have set myself a target to lose 10 - 12KG this year to get my weight down from 89kg to about 78kg this year. So far, I have lost 3kg mainly through adjusting what I eat, easing back on the beers at night and a little exercise. I am not going to turn into a bloody monk or a gym rat but subtle, gradual lifestyle changes are the way to go IMO. Also, if I lose the 10 - 12kg, that's a better power to weight ratio on the Bonnie too :D

My main problem is motivation and to that end, I have got a couple of hypnosis MP3s on self discipline and exercise motivation, plus a leaflet on healthy eating from my ex-wife who's a qualified nutritionalist. Anyone who wants copies, PM me with your email and I'll be happy to send them.

Cheers & good luck to all us fat bastards! ;)

Pikey.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Gee Jeff,

You are married? Man, all this time I thought you were running round fucking all the hot Thai women we see in pictures...

ivar

TT Racer
Just got in from scooping my sidewalks. I haven't done that in years. Not since I had my infarction. Now I kinda know why.

careful, here in Norway , snow showelin' is considered a huge health hazard for those with heart troubles