Headlight night riding

Mglinak

moped
OK so am I stupid? How on earth do you turn main beam on on the new Bonnie? Had to ride 3 hours in the dark and couldn't find a switch

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Interestingly enough, my buddy who bought a new 2016 T-120 had his headlight bulb go out within the first year. My guess is that there may be a bad batch of these H4 bulbs in the new Bonnie's. What model did you buy, and when? I carry an extra bulb with me after the first year of riding with a new one... just in case.

bonZa

Street Tracker
the last time the bulb blew on mine, I just flicked it to hi beam until such time that a new bulb was purchased

it wasnt a problem with blinding incoming traffic as the Bonnie headlamp was shit anyway, hi-beam was like most other bikes lo-beam, until I upgraded the loom to a easten beaver relay kit and a decent Cibie globe made of glass

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
the last time the bulb blew on mine, I just flicked it to hi beam until such time that a new bulb was purchased

it wasnt a problem with blinding incoming traffic as the Bonnie headlamp was shit anyway, hi-beam was like most other bikes lo-beam, until I upgraded the loom to a easten beaver relay kit and a decent Cibie globe made of glass

Great advice and on-the-spot solution to a problem!