2012 Street Triple R question(s)

MJL1961

Scooter
Got the new bike bug bad...Looking hard at the Street Triple R. Found a 2010 (Graphite) 'R' with almost no miles on it (like new condition). Found a (left over) 2012 ST-R at a dealer... zero miles, (Diablo Red)-non ABS.

Need advice: I really like the 'classic' twin-round headlight configuration of the 1st gen. (2010)... the Graphite color is (to me)... ok. can probably grab it for (approx.) 7.3K

Option 2: The left over 2012-R.. How much better was the 11-12 series verses the 07-10? I like the idea of the full 2 year manufacturers warranty & I really prefer the look of the twin under-tail exhaust. Not crazy about the diamond-shaped head light design. I can get that one for about 8.3K

While I've read that the 'Gen 3 (2013-), Street-R is a complete re-design, new exhaust, improved (simpler) frame, slightly different geometry with more weight up front, and better fueling/throttle control a low speed.... I don't know that I think that it is THAT much better that the Gen-1/2 versions...especially for an extra 2-3K. What am I missing? I have had a T-100, Thrux, CBR600RR, FZ8... All had their (+/-)... like ANY bike. I really want the ST3R (whichever one) to be the BEST 'do-it-all' bike that I can get, and the one I keep until I'm too old to throw my leg over it (... I'm 52 now).

Opinions/thoughts/insight please!! ... I know it's all a matter of personnel preference... I don't go to track days... Just enjoy running around the north GA mountains, some weekend travel & twisties... nothing too aggressive at my age. THANKS!

mike

Beachfinn

Scooter
Personally i would go with the graphite, any day. I really don't think there is that much difference between the models you mention, just the looks. The twin round bug eyes are the best look in my opinion. I just traded in my 2010 R for a Tiger, but i did love that bike :)

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'd get the 2010 graphite round headlights one .. for $1k less .. if it was me. You'll have just as much new bike fever with it as any of the others. Have you ridden a Streety? I mean R E A L L Y ridden one? Total different feel than any of the bikes you listed. To me, the Street-R is like riding a BMX bicycle with a 100+ hp triple strapped to it.