Gearing Up For Bike Week Daytona Beach

slowgator

750cc
Took a late afternoon ride to Micanopy to get in the mood... invigorating! Never realized how the Coke logo flows like the Triumph logo...

100_3187.jpg

speedtrip

Scooter
Yep , getting ready alright .
I have just a few little things to do to the bike like change tires do a tune up and a complete service of motor and chain .
oh and I have 1 day to do it in .

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I've gone on some of these big runs (nothing like Daytona or Sturgis) the biggest being Laughlin and it felt like too much of a kicked anthill for me. I'm glad I've had the experience, but I much prefer one or two buddies out on a morning breakfast toot.

Half the reason for this is I'm one of those guys that might be done riding way before other guys are or my predilection for riding at night just to blow the stink off after a hot Summer day.

Last edited:

speedtrip

Scooter
Sal: This close, not a lot of work but I get your drift...it IS a haul for riders coming from distant states. No doubt the Main Street parade is bizarre, but isn't that why we go?

100_3185.jpg

Sal , I enjoy working on my bike not as much as I do riding but if you dont work on it you cant ride it . :ride::ride::ride:

I see you went farther south than Micanopy . Thats the old butcher shop in Mcintosh

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
I'll be out there Tues, wed, thurs. Hope the Triumph discount clothing tent is out there somewhere. Hope it warms up too, but I doubt it...

speedtrip

Scooter
Good eye. Now the Icehouse Gallery. Good show there now, worth a ride down to check out. Good folks there.

Actually I grew up in that part of Marion County and there are some nice roads around the horse farm capital of Fl , CR 318 , 316 , 320

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
A few years ago, it was at the North end of the speedway near the Triumph demo tent. The last two years it was out at Destination Daytona, but since the Triumph dealer has moved to the BMW shop, it's anyone's guess. They had some amazing deals tho. Some shirts for $5 and $10, and I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Integra vented jacket with rain cover last year at $75 (retail $190). SO if anyone sees it, please post up...

R

rndtaylor

I am in Daytona now, and the rain has moved out. Another gorgeous day. Ran into a fellow Triumph rider last night on Main St., and actually saw another Rocket on the road, couple of bonnies.
Having lots of big dirty fun in the land of hogs......

So does that make my Rocket, "pearls before swine....."?

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Yea, I decided to skip today based on the (wrong) weather forcast. Oh well, Still have tues and wed. Has anyone seen that Triumph tent yet?

koifarm

Hooligan
Thrux,
Last year it was waaaaayyy down on the east end of the speedway area of vendors. I didn't see any discount stuff though. If they are there it would likely be the Triumph factory tent though, they had one at Vintage Mc Days in Ohio but it was a huge thing with lots of bikes on display.
I'm headed there tomorrow and will check for you then. Will post if I find it....Now for one of those $16 pork chops at Rossemeyers for breakfast.....

chop.jpg

And the local color....

bikeweek.jpg

Last edited:

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
OK, they have some stuff at the Triumph demo tent, north end of the speedway. Shirts are $10, sweatshirts $25. Supposed to have even more selection including jackets at the new dealer location on Beach St (BMW). Going there tomorrow, so don't buy everything before I get there, please....

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Ok, for anyone who hasn't got there yet, here's my rundown. If you want jackets/rainsuits, hit BMW. If you're looking for t-shirts, go to the speedway. They are seperate, and the tent at the BMW shop has a better selection, but it is from store stock, so not as heavily discounted. For example, the Bonneville 50th anniversary long sleeve T was $25 at BMW, but I got it on the 2/$25 at the speedway. Also nicked a hooded sweatshirt for $25 which was $49 at BMW. But the dealer does have Integra jackets for $99 in red or black, and several other good deals on the more expensive stuff like leather. There are no jackets or leather goods at the speedway. Hope that saves someone lots of running back and forth, which I just (selfishly) did for ya!

Oh, and wear a jacket, it's fuggin' cold out there!